Mobile applications nowadays are very much prone to different kinds of threats associated with security which is consistently compelling developers to adopt the best security measures. Approximately less than 50% of the applications are safe and secure on the entire market place which is the main reason that people need to have a good hold over sensitive data loss, application clones and other associated things. Removing the unnecessary coding element from the application is a good idea in this case, and the introduction of Proguard is one of the best decisions which organisations can make. So, it is important for people to be clear about the open source applications in this particular world, and ultimately, using simple tools for the Android studio is a good idea so that things will be streamlined very easily.
What do you need to know about Proguard?
Proguard will basically serve three main functions, which are shrinking, optimisation and obfuscation. This is a free tool which will be helpful in improving the shrinking, optimising and obfuscating very easily. It is also supportibe for pre-verification of the Java class files which can be well done without any problem. In this case, people will be able to make reverse engineering very much difficult even if not possible, and the further best part is that things will be absolutely essential for people to improve the security systems. Basically, it comes with the built-in tool in the SDK and is an effective opportunity of protecting the code base of the application with minimum configurations. It is important to note down that Proguard is a very basic security tool which will be helpful in providing people with a comprehensive and multilayer approach to security. It also ultimately helps in making sure that people will be able to enjoy the notable features of the command line option without any problem in the whole system.
Following are some of the very basic features of introducing the Proguard:
- Shrinking: This will be helpful in reducing the size of the APK and enable the detection of unused variables and methods very easily. It is highly successful in improving the shrinking of the coding and resources very easily so that dependency will be reduced without any problem.
- Optimisation: This will refer to the optimising of the white code and ultimately make sure that negative influence will be eliminated from the whole process. Instructions in this particular case will be based upon a small segment of the generated coding element, and the optimisation techniques will be improved without any problem. Duplicate coding will be removed in this case, and instructions will be easily replaced with very short instructions, which will be identified and removed later on without any problem.
- Obfuscation: This is the process of making the coding element unintelligible to read, and any third party who has gained unauthorised accessibility will not be making a lot of sense of the element of coding. Removing the unused coding element in this particular world is a good idea, and ultimately, renaming the classes with fields and methods is important so that the hiding of the original intent will be easily done by the hackers very successfully.
Some of the significant benefits of introducing the Proguard have been very well justified as follows:
- Compact configuration: Proguard will definitely be helpful in providing people with the template-based configuration very easily and helps in making sure that intuitive command line options will be implemented for the simple configuration file very successfully.
- Protection against the static analysis: Hackers, in this particular case, will be using the concept of static analysis to gain accessibility to the source code very well because, ultimately, dealing with the application source code, in this case, becomes easy so that control flow will be analysed without any problem. Basically, the running of the application will be streamlined very easily, and further, everyone will be able to enjoy the shield of the application from the D compilers without any issues in the whole process.
- Reverse engineering is tough: The application of the appropriate Proguard rules and regulations very well justifies that reverse engineering will be very much difficult because the Proguard is highly successful in shrinking the coding with different teams. Critical data leakage in this particular case will be understood very well, and exposure to the hackers will be eliminated because the capabilities will be top-notch in the whole process.
- Improving the efficiency of applications: Introducing the Proguard in this particular world is a good idea because it is highly successful in improving the efficiency of applications and further making sure that dealing with the CodeBase becomes easy and effective. On an overall basis, it will be helpful in improving the performance of the applications due to the optimisation systems and helps in making sure that things will be comparatively faster without any problem.
- Listing the dead coding:The introduction of Proguard will also be successful in the identification of the dead coding very easily so that removal will be easily done from the source code, and people will be able to deal with the things without any problem in the whole process. All of these options will be ultimately helpful in improving the success rate of the organisations very professionally.
- Reducing the size of the applications: Using the Proguard will definitely result in a very small size of the APK and ultimately helps in reducing the application size by approximately 20-90%. This will be helpful in guarding the unused coding and resources very successfully so that smaller memory footprints will be dealt with very easily and megabytes will be understood without any problem in the whole process.
Hence, shifting the focus to be right options of Proguard is definitely a good decision for the organisations because it will be helpful in streamlining the capabilities and reducing additional dependency. Availing of the services of Proguard from the house of Appsealing is highly important to enjoy support 24 x 7 and optimise things without any compromise over the application performance.